Disclosure: Thank you to Auto Nation Jeep Chrysler for sponsoring today’s post. Gluten-Free Travel Snacks.
We’re gearing up for our family vacation by planning out every little detail. The car ride will be quite long for my little ones so I’m not taking any chances when it comes to keeping them fed/entertained! If you missed my post about Wyatt’s favorite books for car rides you can catch it here. Wyatt is eating completely gluten-free and has been for some time – one of the downsides to being gluten-free is your choices for food while on the go (or out to eat). I’ve read so many stories about families trying restaurants that they believed were safe only to find out that the food had been cross-contaminated. I’m not taking any chances – I’m going to bring our own food for Wyatt for both the car ride and the trip. Here are some of our favorite Gluten-Free foods that are perfect for on the go – the chicken only takes a few minutes to heat up in the oven/microwave and is perfect for a quick meal.
- Chex – Did you know Chex makes gluten-free cereal? Wyatt loves the cinnamon flavor!
- Kind granola bars – these are actually really good! They’re my favorite breakfast and I’m not even gluten-free!
- Baked Cheese Puffs – Wyatt had a really hard time saying goodbye to goldfish (we’ve tried the gluten-free puff versions but he won’t eat them) so we had to find a replacement. And he LOVES these.
- Perdue Gluten-free chicken strips – these are perfect for little ones! Wyatt especially loves the outside and actually gets excited about eating these for lunch or dinner!
- Quaker Oats Rice Cakes – These are tasty and completely gluten-free. There’s a huge variety but we prefer the chocolate!
What are your go-to travel snacks?