A huge thanks to our friends at Hickory Farms for sponsoring today’s post about 25 Date Night at Home Ideas!
There isn’t a person out there who has a perfect marriage. We all want a perfect marriage, but the truth is – marriage is hard work. It’s something you have to wake up committed to, something you have to work really hard to maintain. My husband and I have been married for nearly nine years (anniversary this month)! With busy schedules and busy kids, it’s sometimes difficult to carve out time for each other. Date nights can be few and far between, but at-home date nights are way easier to do, and this post will give you 25 great idea starters!
But first, before you take a peek at these awesome date ideas, be sure to check out the ultimate date night snacking must-haves from Hickory Farms! This Signature Sampler Gift Basket is one of my ALL-TIME favorites! It’s got everything you need from delicious cheeses, to award-winning summer sausage, and the golden toasted crackers are incredible! The Dry Creek Cabernet Sauvignon is my favorite wine, ever – so I suggest you grab a bottle of that, too!
Perfect for date night, right? My hubby and I love snacking while we have our date nights in – and this is our go-to to make the evening extra special!
Now, for those amazing stay-at-home date night ideas! Here are twenty-five for you to review and try out at home!
Twenty-Five Stay-At-Home Date Night Ideas:
- Have a romantic dinner for two.
- Have a picnic in the backyard!
- Play an old favorite board game.
- Play a card game (Uno, anyone?)
- Break out some books – share favorite quotes, lines, etc.
- Have a video game only night!
- Share your favorite memories of your marriage – how you met, favorite qualities, etc.
- Have a movie marathon! Each pick your favorite movie and snuggle in!
- Cook your favorite meal together – and have fun in the kitchen altering the recipe!
- Order from your favorite take-out place.
- Bust out your photo albums and take a trip down memory lane!
- Have a wedding video? Pop it in and reminisce about your special day!
- Watch a sports game and have sports-themed snacks so it’s like you’re actually at the game! If you can’t decide which game or sport to watch, each choose one and do a coin toss!
- Give each other back massages! Have your own couples spa night!
- Paint! Purchase two canvases and some paints and get creative! Paint something for each other!
- Write down 10 questions you’ve always wanted to ask your partner, have them do the same for you – and answer and discuss your responses!
- Pull your mattress to the living room floor, grab as many pillows and blankets as you can find, and camp out in the living room telling ghost stories.
- Have a wine and cheese tasting at home! Pair your favorite wines and cheeses to make different combinations!
- Think of your first date and try to re-create it at home.
- Put together a puzzle, and have cheese and wine handy, too!
- Karaoke! Put on performances of your favorite songs.
- Wear sound-proof headphones and have your partner say something, then try to guess what it is. Take turns playing this hilariously easy game!
- Take time to write letters to each other.
- Play indoor bowling with empty 2-liters and a ball (oranges work too) – Strike!
- Find a complicated dessert recipe and try mastering it together.