Happy Saturday friends!
Today I’m sharing with you a simple recipe that my mom shared with me a few weeks ago! She made this cake for William and I one time and we were hooked. And what’s shocking is that it is SUPER easy to make. All of the items used are boxed or pre-made so you don’t have to be an excellent baker (which I am not) to pull this off.
- Make German Chocolate Cake following the instructions on the box. (I use the Moist Supreme Pilsbury – but any German Chocolate Cake Mix will do).
- Remove from oven and immediately poke holes all around the cake using a toothpick.
- Pour one 5oz can of Carnation Sweet Condensed Milk over the cake and spread evenly.
- Drizzle some Caramel over the cake too (I used Sanders Classic Caramel – but any Caramel sauce will do).
- Put cake in fridge for one hour so it can cool down and so everything can really soak into the cake.
- Remove cake and top with Cool Whip. This is personal preference, but I use a whole tub!
- Then drizzle MORE caramel on top!