This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BackToPlay #CollectiveBias Thank you Back to Nature Macaroni & Cheese for sponsoring this post. Try the new Back to Nature Made with Organic Macaroni & Cheese Dinners!
Hope you’re having a wonderful day today! Did you know June was Get Outdoors Month? Over the weekend temperatures were on the rise, so the boys and I decided to create a fun Ocean Sensory Bin with frozen water beads and Back to Nature Mac and Cheese! July 14th is Mac & Cheese day so this would be a perfect activity to help celebrate!
To Create Your Ocean Sensory Bin You Will Need:
- One storage bin
- Water Beads
- Back to Nature Made with Organic Pasta Silly Sea Life Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
- Sea Creatures (your choice!)
- Things to scoop (plastic measuring cups work great!)
- Follow the instructions on your water beads packet and create enough to fill about half of your storage bin. After you’re finished making them, pop them into the freezer for about 30 minutes until they get chilly, and iced over.
- Set out your storage bin in a location where you don’t mind if things get a little messy. The water beads are very slippery and tend to go all over the place. 😉
- When your water beads are done soaking up the water, strain them using a colander and pour them into your storage bin.
- Open your Back to Nature Made with Organic Pasta Silly Sea Life Macaroni & Cheese Dinner (we used one box), and pour it into your storage bin focusing on one side. The key is to have the “wet” and “dry” sides of the sensory bin separated at first, and then allow your little ones to mix them while they play!
- Grab your selection of sea creatures (incorporate items you already have to cut costs), and place them in the sensory bin for your little ones to discover.
- Add in a few shovels, pinching tools, etc. for your little ones to use to scoop the contents of the bin. If you don’t have any of these items, plastic measuring cups are great, too!
If you’re playing with your sensory bin outside in the sun, consider finding a nice shady spot (we set up a small umbrella on an outdoor chair) to keep your little ones nice and cool.
And the perfect meal to go along with this activity is a yummy Back to Nature Mac and Cheese dinner, right? It’s a good source of calcium and protein, it’s creamy, cheesy, and delicious! Back to Nature Macaroni and Cheese Dinners contain NO artificial flavors, preservatives, or synthetic colors, it is non-GMO, and it’s made with organic pasta. Levi LOVES it, (and I do too)!
So, how will YOU be celebrating Get Outdoors Month? Perhaps with a fun Ocean Sensory Bin? Be sure to pick up some delicious Back to Nature Mac and Cheese! We found ours right in the soup aisle!
If you try this activity, please be sure to come back and comment letting us know how you and your little one enjoyed it!
Love this post? Pin it for later here: