Hi friends! I’m Ange & I blog over at Hairspray and High Heels! I am so excited to be here today, and was thrilled when Kendall asked me. I am a Jersey girl blogging about all things beauty and I definitely have Chanel taste on a Revlon budget, so I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorites with you today from the drugstore, and the best part is… They’re each under $10! I’m a firm believer in budget beauty and you can attain any look with something reasonably priced, there’s no reason you should have to break the bank to get your hands on an awesome product!
1. Maybelline Baby Lips – $3.19: These are seriously the best lip balms, once you try it you won’t go back. I own
doubles all six of the main line & quite a few of the limeted edition ones, bar far Quenched is my favorite, that’s the untinted basic balm. I use it all day every day. The tinted balms are perfect for anyone who needs extra moisture and just wants a slight pop of color and nothing to bold. (They also smell ahhhhhmazing!)
2. NYC Sun 2 Sun Bronzer – $4.99: This bronzer is so cheap, you just can’t pass it up! I know Kendall will agree because I saw it in her everyday makeup routine on Instagram. It’s amazing, it’s like the sun is shining on you everyday – without the harmful effects. I love that each powder comes with two shades, I tend to mix mine. I have the lightest of the shades “Bronze Gold” but you can also grab the darker duo if you’re naturally tan in “Terracotta Tan”. NYC is one of my go to product lines and I can’t say a bad word about them, you’ll be please with anything you pick up.
3. Jergens Natural Glow – $8.99: Word of advice, there are ALWAYS coupons out for this so be on the look out, I don’t think I have ever once paid full price. Jergens is a brand I trust, Natural Glow has been around for awhile and reformulated a few times. It’s finally, in my opinion, perfect. They definitely listen to their fans. When I first started using it, I wanted a gradual tan, I am Casper the friendly ghost pretty much all year round. I didn’t want to be orange or streaky, so this being a gradual tan it was perfect, the smell was god awful though but this newest version seems to have rectified that because it doesn’t smell like self tanner, it goes on evenly (streaking is a no-no) and it gives you a sun kissed look.
4. Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Polish – $1.99: I currently own 12 of the 18 shades in this collection & I have to say it is my favorite drugstore brand. The brush is awesome, it glides on easy and there is never any goopiness (is that even a word?) like you find with some drugstore nail polishes. The color shown above is ‘I Need A Refresh-Mint’ and I won’t confirm or deny owning 3 bottles of it. I love the color, it’s almost an exact dupe for China Glaze’s “For Audrey” & is a fraction of the cost.
5. Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleanser + Makeup Remover – $7.49: I’m going to try my best not to talk about this product for an hour, because I could! I absolutely love it! I recommend this to anyone who will listen, I love natural skincare products and I have a huge paraben phobia so whenever I can find something without all the yucky crap, I’m all over it. Not only does this give you an awesome cleanse but it removes your makeup & is gentle enough to use around your eyes!
6. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush – $6.50: this blush comes in 10 shades and they’re all gorgeous! They’re cream/mousse texture is fun and makes it completely blendable! You can add just a hint of color or build it for a more intense blush look. I have four of the shades and I have to say ‘Hot Tamale’ is my favorite.
7. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeep Conditioner – $3.49: If you don’t own this, stop reading and run to your local store & pick it up, seriously, go! You’ll thank me later. This product is literally a life savor to my hair, it gives me just the right amount of moisture & shine. It’s perfect for anyone (like me) with color treated hair, dry hair or normal hair. This mask will change the way you feel about your hair forever, and nobody paid me to say that, it’s just that good!
8. Revlon Lip Butter – $6.48: this is another product that I always, always see coupons or B1G1 50% off sales on. It’s a cult favorite within the beauty community and for good reason. The colors speak for themselves there are so many shades to choose from and it’s just that good. I’d pick one of these over a high end lipstick any day.
9. Maybelline Volum’ Express Colossal Lashes – $6.49: I own a lot of mascara, mostly Maybelline, which should definitely tell you something about the brand. This line is awesome, I love the brush. It doesn’t clump and it gives me enough volume that I feel comfortable going out on date night without applying false lashes. I feel like I can get a false lash look just by using this, plush the tube has animal print on it and well I’m from Jersey and it’s my thing.
10. Milani Runway Eyes – $7.97: I love these mini palettes, each one has six shadows and they vary from neutral to bold. You can pick one up and it could take you from a subtle everyday toned down look to a bit of sultry girls night out look. They are blendable and all around have pretty awesome pigment. I have a few and haven’t met one I didn’t like!