Hi friends – today I’m sharing a fun tutorial that I originally shared here on A Night Owl Blog. Wyatt and I just went to Michael’s the other day and saw that they STILL had these adorable ceramic owls so I wanted to share the post on my blog as well so you could get in on the fun!
What you’ll need:
- Ceramic Animal – We got our owl from Michaels. They also had small birds, dogs, and other ceramics to paint. The owl was under $5!
- Paint – Any kind will do – use what you have in your craft closet.
- Paint brushes, sponges, or just your fingers – whatever works for you
- A large sheet to lay down before painting. Believe me, this will be a lifesaver for you!
And the steps:
- Paint the ceramic figure a solid color – I used a light blue paint that we had left over from a previous project.
- Get out your paints + supplies and let your little one have fun and be creative
- Oh, and don’t forget the most important part – when you’re done – make sure to take a nice big bubble bath to clean up!
- Momma tip: Assist when you need to – but don’t try to do things for them. I held the owl for Wyatt to paint when he was having trouble reaching the spots that he wanted. If you try to do things for them, they will lose interest.
So what do you think? Pretty cute, right? We have our little owl sitting on our bookshelf and every time I look at it I am filled with such warm memories of creating this with my little man.