This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WeatherProven #CollectiveBias
Hope you’re having a great day so far! As you might know, my family and I live in Michigan which just has absolutely brutal winters. And since we’re always on the go, it’s so important that our vehicle is always prepared to get us where we need to go safely.
I wanted to share a few tips my husband taught me about how we should be getting our car prepped and ready for winter. Those husbands, always teaching us something, right? 😉
How to Prepare Your Family Car for Winter:
- Change Your Oil: During the winter months the oil in your vehicle should be well-maintained, and thinner so be sure to check (or have your mechanic check) before winter is here.
- Check Your Battery: Make sure you’re heading into winter with a good battery in your car, your battery works harder in the winter so it’s important to check to make sure it’s functioning correctly before winter hits.
- Check Your Tires: As we prepped our car for winter, we realized we were in need of some new tires. So we got a total tire upgrade with Goodyear® Assurance® WeatherReady™ tires from Sam’s Club. These tires are pretty incredible because they can tackle any extreme weather condition. They’ve got 3D TredLock® Technology Blades, that give the tires predictable traction in turns when the weather changes. It’s so important for us to have good tires living in a state where you can truly experience every season, and it makes me feel so much more confident knowing that in rain, sleet or shine, I’ll be able to get where we need to go safety. With the Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady tires from Sam’s Club, our vehicle is ready to take on the road!
- Create a Car Emergency Kit: You never know if or where your car will break down, so it’s always good to be prepared. A car emergency kit is something that takes just minutes to put together and could really get you out of a pinch. Having a container of kitty litter in your kit (in case you get stuck and need traction), flashlight, blankets, and ice scrapers could come in really handy this winter – so be sure to include them in your kit.
- Check Your Antifreeze: Your ratio of coolant should be 60/40 in the winter instead of the 50/50 norm, so be sure to check.
My kiddos are such precious cargo, I want to make sure I’m doing everything I can to keep them safe. I’m thankful the Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady can offer our family both confidence that our money is well spent, and the good value of product we received.
I’m going to be completely honest and tell you I knew nothing about tires before having this experience, but now that I do, I know why it’s so important to make sure you’ve got a quality tire on your vehicle, and these tires are it!
Now that we’ve got our car prepped for winter, we’re ready to hit the road! I’ve been loving exploring more and more with the boys as they get older – even if it’s just driving a bit outside of our neighborhood to explore a new park. They love it, and I love getting outside to do something fun as a family. Win-win.
The tire shown only fits certain vehicles. Check samsclub.com to find your tire size for your vehicle.
And don’t worry – you’ve still got time to prep your car for winter. And if your car could use a new set of tires for the winter, be sure to shop Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady tires at Sam’s Club and get $80 off instantly* on a set of four Goodyear Tires! This tire only fits certain vehicles so be sure to check your tire size before shopping.
You can check for your tire size using this handy Sam’s Club Tire Selector Tool, checking your owners manual, or reading the sidewall of your tires.
*Save $80 off the displayed retail price. Excludes medium commercial truck tires. Not to be combined with any other offer. Offer can be changed, modified or cancelled at any time. No rain checks. See a Sam’s Club® Tire & Battery Center Associate for eligible tires, details, terms and conditions.
Love this post? Pin it for later here: