Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EasterEssentials #CollectiveBias
Is Easter a busy season around your house? I know it sure is in ours! I always try to do a handful of the same activities with the kiddos each year and since it’s been snowing outside, I thought it was about time to bring some spring inside! I whipped up some HOT POCKETS® Breakfast Bites for William, Levi, and I to have for breakfast while Wyatt was at school – then, started to set up a spring cookie station! I made sure to pick up some NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Spring Chocolate Chip Morsels and some NESTLÉ® Spring Rolled & Ready Cookie Dough from Walmart for some fun Easter baking!
The HOT POCKETS® Breakfast Bites were so yummy and the perfect way to start our fun day! They’re bite sized and packed with protein, so they’ll fill your tummy and satisfy hunger. We got the Bacon, Egg & Cheese flavor with a flaky crust and they were incredible! You can pick them up right in your frozen breakfast section 😉
When Wyatt got home from school he had a whole Easter cookie station waiting for him! He was so surprised! He couldn’t wait to jump right in and get his hands in the cookie dough! The NESTLÉ® Spring Rolled & Ready Cookie Dough made it so easy for him to simply press his egg-shaped cookie cutter right into the even dough. William helped him first few times, but then he was doing it all on his own!
The NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Spring Chocolate Chip Morsels were so colorful and fun for him to “break” and separate on the baking sheet. And man, did they come out beautiful!
After our cookies had baked, we added some chocolate frosting and then I handed Wyatt our “toppings” and he got to decorating! We had sprinkles, crystal sprinkles, and other colorful goodies – I put most in our ceramic egg containers so he could reach them easily.
Steps for helping your toddler create the perfect Easter Egg cookie:
- Place the dough sheet on a cutting board. This gives your little one a firm surface to us the cookie cutter!
- Cut the dough using an egg shaped cookie cutter. You can pick these up everywhere during this time of year – check the baking section at your local craft store.
- Have your little one lay out the egg shaped dough on pans, they don’t have to be perfect. We always have two pans going at once.
- When the cookies have baked and cooled, let your little one put their favorite icing on top. Wyatt loves chocolate so we used a creamy chocolate icing 🙂
- Let them be creative with NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Spring Chocolate Chip Morsels, sprinkles, and icing! This is a fun activity for them and allows for complete creativity!
- Set aside and prepare to give them to loved ones!
He made cookies for pretty much the whole neighborhood, there were so many by the time we were done! You should totally bake Some Love™ this spring with NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®! Maybe set up a little cookie day of your own!