Hope you’re having the BEST day so far! I am so excited to share our Fall front porch with you, and how we brought it to life using Plasti Dip. Now you know around our house we like to keep things crafty, and this past weekend was no different. We knew that we wanted to deck out the porch in a full Fall theme, but I also wanted to have a few pieces that were very Halloween that I could put out for trick-or-treaters.
Instead of buying something new, I took a few plastic pumpkins that we had on hand and used Plasti Dip (Get yours at Amazon), to give them a little makeover! Why Plasti Dip? Because it protects surfaces, resists chips, scratches, dings, UV, and abrasion, so it’s perfect for outdoor use! Plasti Dip is also peelable off most surfaces – so if you change your mind about the color later, just peel it off! Perfect for those who like to change up the decor color schemes every year! The best part is that this project was so quick and easy to do! I’ll put the steps below!
DIY Plastic Pumpkin Makeover
- Painters Tape
- Plasti Dip in colors of your choice
- Rag or small towel
- Plastic painters sheet or something to lay down to protect the ground from paint (we used a plastic tablecloth)
- Find a spot to work, make sure that it is well-ventilated.
- Use a rag to wipe off the pumpkins to make sure there is a clean, smooth surface.
- Tape off any areas of the pumpkins that you do not want to paint. I taped off the stems to keep them brown.
- Begin painting following the directions specified on the product. It took two coats of paint for each pumpkin.
Now that the pumpkins are dry, they’re ready to be displayed! We used white, black, and orange to transform these pumpkins into something truly special! They look lovely and now match the colors of our other decor! It took one afternoon to create something that will be enjoyed for years to come! Unless I decide to change up the colors again for next year! 😉
Love this post? Pin it for later here: