A huge thanks to our friends at Dorel Home Products at Walmart for sponsoring today’s post. Keep scrolling to see our pick for The Best Budget-Friendly Kids Mattress!
For the past few weeks we’ve been re-vamping the boy’s rooms to make them a bit more personalized. We’ve lived in our home for two years and we’re just now getting around to making room in the budget to make their spaces all their own. Since we’re working on a very tight budget, I want to make sure I’m choosing the right products that are quality (I’m raising boys over here, haha) and affordable.
One thing that BOTH boys rooms needed were new mattresses. After searching online and in-stores, I came across the perfect mattress that was shipped right our front door from Walmart! We chose this super comfy Mainstays 8″ Foam Mattress in a size twin because they were under $120!
I loved that we were able to ship it right to our house, and that the box wasn’t too big, so this was something I could move and unpack on my own while Levi and I were home while Wyatt was at school and William was at work.
I also love that this mattress is made without the following:
- Ozone Depleters
- PBDE’s, TDCPP flame retardants
- mercury, lead, or other heavy metals
- phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
Key Selling Points (why we chose this mattress):
- Memory Foam – this mattress has memory foam, which reacts to the body and molds to the body’s natural shape. This alleviates pressure on joints and distributes body weight evenly.
- Returns to natural shape once you’re out of bed.
- Reduces back pain and increases circulation for better sleep.
- The mattress is 8″ in thickness so you know you’re getting a great sized mattress.
- Soft cover is made of Polyester and is soft and comfy.
- Price – we picked up a twin mattress for under $120! And that value just can’t be beat!
- Reviews – we spent some time going through all of the reviews, and everyone was just beaming about this mattress (it’s no secret why).
To unpack the mattress, we put the box on the bedroom floor, pulled out the mattress, and cut the outer bag along the seams with a pair of scissors. We had to be very careful while doing this so we didn’t cut the mattress itself. Once the plastic was off, we rolled out the mattress on the floor and let it slowly expand. The instructions said it could take about 48 hours to completely expand, so once we had our mattress out, we moved it right over to the bed and left it all day so it had lots of time to settle in.
Levi couldn’t wait to put on all of his bedding and climb on in to test it out! After letting the mattress sit on the bed frame for a few hours it plumped out and became so cushy and comfy!
We are so so happy with this mattress, and so are the boys! Levi got the first mattress, and we’ll be purchasing another for Wyatt’s room because we love it so much.
If you’re looking for a comfy and affordable mattress for your little one (or yourself), check out the Mainstays 8″ Memory Foam Mattress from Walmart! It comes in twin, full, and queen sizes and I just know you’ll love it as much as we do!
Love this post? Pin it for later here: