This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #UltimatePitStop #CollectiveBias © 2017 Disney/Pixar
Keep scrolling to see how we made this Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 Chalk Race Track & Car Wash Activity!
The boys and I are SO excited to share this fun Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 Chalk Race Track & Car Wash Activity with you today using the LEGO Juniors Thunder Hollow Crazy 8 Race Building Kit! This kit is so versatile and can be played with in so many different ways!
First, since it’s a LEGO item you’ve got to put it together! We put all of the pieces on the kitchen table and we all put it together as a family. But I love that the fun didn’t stop there! The cars actually move and can be pushed, and the LEGO accessory items in the kit are functional and interact with the cars themselves. For example, there is a fun jump for the bus character where she can bust through a wall! So cool!
Hover over the image below to shop the Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 merchandise on Amazon!
The theme of the upcoming Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 is mentorship, and helping others. These are qualities we really try to instill in our boys, and it’s so clear that they love helping each other. With Wyatt’s Autism, there are certain situations that scare him and make him nervous, Levi is always there to hold his hand and offer support. And vise versa, the other day Levi was upset and no one could calm him down, except for Wyatt.
They have this magical brotherly bond that is so incredibly special. It’s such a great feeling to watch your children be kind, not only to the rest of the world, but to one another as well.
To Create Your Racetrack & Car Wash, You’ll Need:
- Sidewalk Chalk
- LEGO Juniors Thunder Hollow Crazy 8 Race Building Kit from Amazon! Side Note: Amazon as the Ultimate Pit Stop for all things Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 – there is a wide variety of items including: the Disney•Pixar Cars 3 Crazy 8 Crashers Smash & Crash Derby Playset, Just Play Cars 3 Mack Mobile Tool, Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 Apparel, and Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 Bedding.
- Empty storage bin
- Dish Soap
- Using sidewalk chalk, draw a large racetrack shape.
- Make the track by drawing simple lines.
- Set up your LEGO Juniors Thunder Hollow Crazy 8 Race Building Kit pieces on the track.
- Using your bin, fill it 2/3 with water, add dish soap, and swirl until sudsy.
- Draw a few bubbles around your car wash area using the chalk.
- Hand out the cars, and watch as your kiddos imaginations go wild!
I set everything up before my boys saw it, and once I revealed the track and car wash, they were so thrilled!
My boys played with this activity for almost TWO HOURS STRAIGHT outside the other day. And every day since, they’ve been asking me to set it up with them again! Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 is racing into theaters everywhere today, June 16th! We’ve been counting down the days and we’re headed to the theatre this weekend to catch the film! Can’t wait!
If you try out this activity, be sure to come back and let us know what your kiddos thought!
Love this post? Pin it for later here: