Hope you’re having a great day so far! I am so excited about todays post because I’ll be sharing a deliciously cheesy and easy Italian mac and cheese recipe with you! This dish is perfect to serve at any family gathering or just for a simple weeknight meal. I just know you’re going to love it! Let’s go over what you’ll need to make it!
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups of half and half
- 1lb Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- One package of Carando Italian Sausage
Once you gather your ingredients, simply follow the steps below to make this delicious dish!
- Grill sausage until done.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Using cooking spray, evenly coat a casserole dish
- Cook pasta until it’s almost tender, it will cook more while baking the dish in the oven
- Add butter, stir until melted
- Add half and half, 3/4 of cheese, eggs, salt and pepper, stir to mix
- Slice sausage, add to dish
- Pour mixture into casserole dish
- Add remaining cheese to top
- Bake for 35 minutes
Looks so delicious, right? These Toscano Italian Sausages are packed with flavor and yummy on their own, on a bun, or as shown in this post in a pasta! We chose to grill the sausage to bring out even more of that great flavor! Now onto making the rest of the dish!
Some prefer a little crisp on the top, if this is you, add breadcrumbs over the cheese topping and bake until brown. This dish is shown without, but the variation is there just in case you want to spice it up a bit! This dish is incredibly creamy, cheesy, and spiced mainly by the sausage. Baking the dish with all of the ingredients together really helps to blend all of the incredible flavors for one truly mouth-watering dish!
Just look at all of that CHEESY-GOODNESS! Oh, my! If you try this dish, be sure to come back over and let us know how you liked it! We can’t wait to hear what you think!
And, be sure to check out the Taste of Italy page to vote for your favorite Carando Recipes! You could end up winning a gift card (650 winners)! The Taste of Italy event will be happening in select Kroger stores (and Kroger banner stores) from September 17th-24th. It’s an event where we’ll be focusing on the authentic Italian flavors and Italian meal inspirations. There will be special products, in-store demos, displays, and more! If you’re not able to make it in, be sure to check out the microsite for recipes, coupons, sweepstakes, and more!
Good Luck and Enjoy!
Love this post? Pin it for later below: